[WikiEN-l] [WikiEn-l] Another BLP deletion... Why?

Philip Sandifer snowspinner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 04:29:28 UTC 2008

On Apr 21, 2008, at 11:35 AM, David Gerard wrote:

> On 21/04/2008, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Actually, I should revise - practically everyone, including Arbs
>> and a
>> couple of Board members, feel that this change should be made to
>> policy. I
>> must be missing something I guess.
>

> Yes - BLPs are special.

Though, it should be noted, the policy as currently proposed is a
terrible idea. Nothing about AfD has ever demonstrated a skill at not
running off half-cocked and engaging in vicious overkill. A blank
check of this nature might be appropriate in some cases, but for a
process as fundamentally sociopathic as AfD it is a terrible idea.

If I recall correctly, the original version of the change that was
floated around limited this to cases where the subject has requested
deletion. This seems to me a much, much more reasonable standard that
is far less likely to lead to insane collateral damage.

-Phil