[WikiEN-l] [WikiEn-l] Another BLP deletion... Why?

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 21:05:13 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 11:39 AM, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:
>  I can certainly understand. We have about 200 folks who want to keep
>  Giovanno di Stefano, a monstrosity that is entirely uncontrollable. I
>  wonder how many of them are willing to spend hours, week, months, years
>  monitoring it.

I'd rather change our policies to permanently protect a short, baldly
factual and uncontroversial stub than change our policies to delete an
article on someone of quite unquestioned importance who actively
courts press attention and about whom there is much information
published by reliable sources.

That said, I am in favor of an easier standard for deleting marginal
BLPs - which this is not.

-Matt