[WikiEN-l] Licensing Images

Usamah M. Ali usamah1228 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 12:32:09 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have some correspondence with the Canadian photographer Jean Marc
Carisse to license one of his photos for free use by of the licenses
that Wikipedia support. He sent the photo to my email, but with an
attached copyright notice that he insists it remains there on the
actual image. I'm having hard time explaining to him that it's even
useless, since licensing the photo for free use would mean the ability
to modify it, provided that owner copyright is maintained.

Does Wikipedia allows publishing photos that contain copyright notices
stickied to them, rather than on the image's page?

Regards,
Usamah