[WikiEN-l] How to be the author of 200,000 books

Eugene van der Pijll eugene at vanderpijll.nl
Wed Apr 16 17:23:09 UTC 2008

David Gerard schreef:
> If you thought Volapuk Wikipedia was egregious ...
>
> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6237305.html

Would there be a market for individual Wikipedia articles? Hmmmm. I'm
not sure about that.

But I think you could make a living out of selling compilations of
articles from Wikipedia categories. Perhaps not "Your Guide to Living
People" (267,482 chapters), but "Your Guide to Ontario Hockey League
first round draft picks" or "Your Guide to Aviation accidents and
incidents in Indonesia" or "Your Guide to Bosnia and Herzegovina
classical guitarists" should be possible. Print-on-demand, of course; no
need to keep 300,000 books in stock.

Eugene