[WikiEN-l] Neutral point of view

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 16:32:36 UTC 2008

On 14/04/2008, Carl Beckhorn <cbeckhorn at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 04:15:16AM +0100, Ian Woollard wrote:
>  > The wikipedia doesn't assume that. The wikipedia is quite happy to
>  > have people saying both that Jesus was resurrected as well as not, for
>  > example.
>

> I don't believe we are happy with that.  If an article said any of
>  these things, we would remove them:
>
>   "Jesus was resurrected."
>
>   "Jesus was not resurrected."
>
>   "Jesus Christ is primarily a mythological construct rather than an
>    historical figure."

Hey nice strawman; I said the wikipedia is happy to have *people* say
that. And you removed the people!

>  We would replace them with things like:
>
>   "Christians believe Jesus was resurrected."

Uh. No. You would need to specify the people more than Christians.
Christians don't invariably believe that.

--
-Ian Woollard

We live in an imperfectly imperfect world. If we lived in a perfectly
imperfect world things would be a lot better.