[WikiEN-l] Neutral point of view

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Apr 14 01:08:40 UTC 2008

In a message dated 4/13/2008 6:03:09 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ian.woollard at gmail.com writes:

No,  that's a common misconception; and if it was true, that would
rapidly  create an empty wikipedia, *everything* written, *ever*, is
somebody's  point of view. For example, Newton's Principia was Newton's
point of view,  but we don't remove that from the wiki ;-)

----------------
NPOV does not mandate that our sources themselves are neutral.
What it states is that *we* write from a neutral frame, not that they must
have.

We, collectively, are not *an* author, nor a source.  We are Q, the
collective mind, yet individuals.
Our collaborative effort itself must express a neutral point-of-view,
although each of us individually, and our sources, individually may have a
non-neutral point-of-view.

Neutrality arises as a function of the collective effort.  Or at least  that
is the goal at which we aim.

Will Johnson

Finance.      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolcmp00300000002850)