[WikiEN-l] So, I was wondering ...

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 11:37:42 UTC 2008

On 4/11/08, Usamah M. Ali <usamah1228 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Excuse my ignorance, but what is a lightbulb in Wikipedia's cult?

I was thinking about this very question, and I just a while back
came to the realisation that all the approaches were failing, just
because this question wasn't first answered.

I think in wikipedias context, we should most likely say that we
don't change lightbulbs, mostly, but simply edit the filament
itself, directly. Of course the annoying bit is that the lampshade
would have all sorts of stickers on it like {{fact}}, {{citation}},
and so forth. And people would edit the filament not just to
fix it, but also to change the wattage, the colour of light it
radiates (including the ultraviolet and infrared compsition).

But the crazyness of our method, has it's own kind of
sense to it. Most times not much like a barnraising, and
more like refurbishing a garden after a winter, picking up
the leaves and other stuff to make mulch in a compost,
and the rest, as a group of noisy but cheerful folks, as
a community.