[WikiEN-l] History of "Verifiability, not truth"

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Wed Apr 9 17:09:19 UTC 2008

In a message dated 4/9/2008 10:01:35 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,  dger
ard at gmail.com writes:

I'm  talking about the case where something simply incorrect makes it
into a  newspaper and never goes away, and the subject can't correct it
because  robotic idiots claiming to be editors read in WP:RS that a
newspaper is  always a Reliable Source>>

Depends David.
When The Guardian reports that Scary Spice was arrested for cocaine
possession yesterday, and she says "Oh No I wasn't".... What are we supposed to  write?

I think you'll find the majority of people would think that you write "...
According to the Guardian Scary Spice was arrested for cocaine possession
although she has subsequently denied the report..."

Right?

Will Johnson