[WikiEN-l] While we're at it, NOR line-by-line

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Apr 7 18:51:55 UTC 2008

In a message dated 4/7/2008 11:49:51 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
snowspinner at gmail.com writes:

Which  I'm not advocating. I'm saying that we need to understand that
the  relationship between a summary and a source is not 1:1, and that
any  summary is going to introduce material that is not from sources.
Such information cannot simply be cut out of the process - it needs  to
be carefully engaged with. Sources are vital, but we cannot  pretend
that an article is simply a natural and obvious extension of  its
sources.>>

Sure, provided that the additional information is simple infererence,
observation, deduction, with which a person "skilled in the art" would in  general
agree.  We already cover this.