[WikiEN-l] Actual Problems with WP:V

Chris Howie cdhowie at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 17:29:48 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 7:04 PM, Chris Howie <cdhowie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 12:02 PM, White Cat
>
> <wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Page content in histories are not stored on the toolserv. Toolserv does NOT
>  >  get full datadump. That's the main problem here.
>  >
>  >  Someone with a fast connection should run this query. I wasn't able to
>  >  convince any such person yet.
>  >
>  >      - White Cat
>
>  I have a 45Mbps connection at my university, I'd be willing to run it
>  if the servers are willing to put up with me.

I'm opting for queries against the existing API instead of downloading dumps.

I have a full list of redirects in a flat file, right now it's going
through and fetching the number of revisions (up to 100) for each
redirect.  I'll sort and post the top N here when it's done.

--
Chris Howie
http://www.chrishowie.com