[WikiEN-l] History of "Verifiability, not truth"

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Apr 7 16:40:26 UTC 2008

In a message dated 4/7/2008 9:15:41 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
snowspinner at gmail.com writes:

Is  anyone aware of a discussion to this end that I am not? Is there
actually a point where we clearly and deliberately decided that the
goal of Wikipedia is not accuracy?>>

Those of us who watch the NOR and V pages, generally agree with the
understanding that what we strive for, are statements of fact which cite  sources, and
where we have two statements with conflicting facts we cite them  both.

So "she had a 38 inch bust per Playboy, but Newsweek claims it was only
37"... and so on.

We are "accurate" only in-as-much as we can cite to a source, thus
"verifiable".
I don't see any need to say a word about "Truth" or "truth" for that  matter.
Maybe you could re-state your argument.

Will Johnson