[WikiEN-l] Armenian Genocide

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 17:56:55 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 10:21 AM, White Cat <wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have no idea why are you bringing up Hrant Dink case.
>
> On wikipedia when we mean independent review we refer to uninvolved
> editors
> or in other words people without a conflict of interest.
>
> You are the one seemingly claiming the article is w/o problems. If that is
> the case why is this article not featured?

I don't think the article is without problems.  But I believe that the
collective set of articles on the Armenian Genocide present the consensus
(was Genocide) and minority (was forced relocations which incidentally
killed a fair number of people) opinions reasonably.

Moderate Turks - one of whom I worked with rather closely for several years,
and several more of whom I know - agree that at the very least the situation
is pretty close to what the Armenians and international experts have claimed
based on the bulk of research and information.  They blame Turkish domestic
politics for the denialism, and think that absent the rather bizarre
military / western / "western liberal"  vs  civil islamic dynamic that
Turkey would come to grips with the history and admit it openly.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com