[WikiEN-l] Armenian Genocide

Wily D wilydoppelganger at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 17:45:04 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 1:21 PM, White Cat
<wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have no idea why are you bringing up Hrant Dink case.

"I don't know about the alleged threats of the Turkish Government... If such
exists I am sure it can be easily sourced - would make a fine article."

Such articles do already exist, and are already sourced ... Again,
this discussion would be easier if you familiarised yourself with the
topic before commenting.

>  On wikipedia when we mean independent review we refer to uninvolved editors
>  or in other words people without a conflict of interest.

A conflict of interest?  I think I can easily assure you I've no
conflict of interest on an article about something that was over
before my grandfathers were born and now concerns the politics of
countries half a world away.

I myself was not involved in the genocide in any way, either as a
victim or a perpatraitor.  Nor (to my knowledge) was anyone I have or
have had any personal or professional relationship with.  I'm hard
pressed to imagine a topic on which I have less of a conflict of
interest.

>  You are the one seemingly claiming the article is w/o problems. If that is
>  the case why is this article not featured?
>
>    - White Cat

Err, I claimed no such thing.  I've only claimed that the failure to
showcase a fringe position fron and centre is not a problem.  Writing
and organisation remain a problem, probably stability, sourcing of
some bits can use work.  Beyond that, lots of articles with no
problems aren't featured, and probably never will be.  Being featured
correlates with quality, not being featured doesn't anti-correlate
though.

Cheers
WilyD