[WikiEN-l] Acknowledgements sections on articles

Peter Ansell ansell.peter at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 22:24:03 UTC 2008

The GFDL allows for an invariant section on works for
Acknolwledgements. If I add such a named section to an article it is
immune from deletion or significant modification of my contributions,
No? It is quite reasonable to think that a GFDL programme manual needs
to have an acknolwedgements section, why not an encyclopedia as well.
Any academic that produces articles under a grant is required to have
such a named section, so wikipedia should allow for an equivalent
section on each article.

And no, I am not trying to make a POINT... Its in the license and has
a good rationale. Will propose a policy to highlight the existence of
GFDL section 4.K soon.

Peter