[WikiEN-l] NASA meatballs and wikipedia meatheads

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 19:06:20 UTC 2008

> > The logo *itself* in isolation might be, but the images with it
> > aren't; they're public domain you can modify them as much as you want.
>
> False there are many modifications you cannot make to those images.
> Editing in some images of the KKK for example would cause problems.

Yeah, well, that would be fraud wouldn't it? And how is that license
related? You could do that with any image, irrespective of license and
expect much the same consequences.

> The images with the tags removed are free. With then not removed they are
> not.

Even free isn't free in most cases. You can't stick GPL in GFDL or
vice versa *unless* it's dual licensed. In fact, this material is
public domain- you can do more things with it than GFDLd work. It's
more free than 'free'.

--
-Ian Woollard
We live in an imperfectly imperfect world. If we lived in a perfectly