[WikiEN-l] NASA meatballs and wikipedia meatheads

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 18:42:49 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 11:22 AM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 01/04/2008, Ian Woollard <ian.woollard at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 01/04/2008, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  > The logo is in effect under an ND license and by leavening it in the
> >  >  image we get a ah limited derivatives image.
> >

> > No, not in any significant way.
>
> Please present your arguments for this claim.

I have never heard anyone inside or outside NASA make this image restriction
claim, and though I'm not the most in the loop person there, I have
significant business contacts in the agency and with journalists who cover
spaceflight activities.

The interpretation that the meatball is some sort of free content contagion
is novel to this group in Wikipedia, and the argument is prima facie
ludicrous.

Free content is good.  Free content legalism to the point where you delete
free content is insane.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com