[WikiEN-l] [Wikipedia-l] Indefinite ban problem

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Sun Sep 30 20:58:59 UTC 2007

On 30 Sep 2007 at 21:43:19 +0100, <charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com>
wrote:
[long line rewrapped in accordance with RFC 2822]
> On the other hand, the degree of external scrutiny of the site is
> vastly increased, and this has led to some jittery times. I
> recommend editing articles. Really, it all makes more sense if you
> look at the working enviroment in terms of the work.

The external scrutiny seems to have led to a "bunker mentality" among
some of the dominant personalities on Wikipedia, where they think the
sky is falling and insist that we all need to circle our wagons
against the outside attackers, and anybody not supporting them is
supporting The Terrorists.

--
== Dan ==