[WikiEN-l] [Wikipedia-l] Indefinite ban problem

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 20:20:58 UTC 2007

Wikipedia is, if anything, too reticent about showing the door to
dysfunctional individuals.  In some instances the community ought to be more
polite about it - I'll grant you that - but overall it's quite difficult to
get sitebanned and rather easy to return.

And a point that often gets overlooked is that there is no such thing as a
ban from GDFL licensed material.  If someone really has a valid and
productive way of making the material better then they can go join one of
the forking projects or create a new one.  The merits of their approach will
eventually demonstrate themselves.

-Durova

Marc Riddell wrote

> Charles, take an honest look at the culture you are involved in here. The
> greatest problems this Project must confront in the coming year are the
> state of its internal structure, and the dysfunctional interactions of its
> people.

To be frank, as an Arbitrator I see more of the "culture" than ever gets
discussed on this list. To paraphrase what you are saying, well, it's all
just people. I don't agree with your past postings, on the topic of
centralization and leadership.