[WikiEN-l] Banality threshold

Nick heligolandwp at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 29 23:42:18 UTC 2007

Is there anything wrong with setting a time limit of say, 60 minutes, on
speedy deletions, so an article can be tagged, but the author has another 60
minutes to finish editing the article, and if it's still not notable after
they've been working on it, it can go. Obviously, the dubious attack crap
and gibberish would be exempt, but everything else would be covered.

On 29/09/2007, charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com <
charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> This is a new thread to discuss CSD A7.
>
> The Category for Speedy Deletion A7 is a menace. It is far too open to
> misuse. It should be replaced by something with far less discretion.
>
> My question is: we need a banality threshold, but which one? We do need
> articles speedied if they are without redeeming interest. A7 is broken, and
> builds on the idea that notability (another broken idea) and its "assertion"
> can be properly judged by individuals.
>
> What is there that can be put in its place? How can we better characterise
> "run-of-the-mill" ?
>
> Charles

Nick
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Nick