[WikiEN-l] Banality threshold

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 23:29:15 UTC 2007

> I'm not sure that the problem is admins - I go through the A7 noms and
> delete maybe 2/3s of them, and a good chunk of those I do delete
> aren't A7s, but are copyvios, spam, what have you.   It would be nice
> if new article patrollers understood the point, though.

And that is why the delete button is only available to admins. If more
people were capable of correctly determining whether or not an article
should be speedied, more people could be given the delete button.
While it would be nice if new article patrollers would tag things
correctly, it's not a serious problem. The speedy deletion procedure
is designed to compensate for people that don't know what is and isn't
speediable by requiring an admin to make the final decision.