[WikiEN-l] Banality threshold

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 20:26:58 UTC 2007

On 29/09/2007, Wily D <wilydoppelganger at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure that the problem is admins - I go through the A7 noms and
> delete maybe 2/3s of them, and a good chunk of those I do delete
> aren't A7s, but are copyvios, spam, what have you.   It would be nice
> if new article patrollers understood the point, though.

See [[user talk:David Gerard]] - I'm getting responses. Some
thoughtful, one seems to be upset at the very notion that I could dare
hamper patrollers by asking them to, er, think, and calling this an
inclusionist/deletionist war. I responded that I personally zapped
over half the tagged articles I saw and that if it's not bright-line,
you should in fact be filling out a proper AFD.

> I'm sure every admin can hash up examples of such articles - I've
> rejected three articles on Jamaican Federal Elections, one on a
> Haitian Presidental Election and one on the Cuisine of San Marino in
> the last two weeks or so, of the top of my head.  Who's going through
> articles thinking "Haitian Presidential Election?  Doesn't sound
> notable or encyclopaedic ... " ?

Um, yeah. Times like that, gentle guidance assuming good faith ...

- d.