[WikiEN-l] Banality threshold

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sat Sep 29 16:55:49 UTC 2007

This is a new thread to discuss CSD A7.

The Category for Speedy Deletion A7 is a menace. It is far too open to misuse. It should be replaced by something with far less discretion.

My question is: we need a banality threshold, but which one? We do need articles speedied if they are without redeeming interest. A7 is broken, and builds on the idea that notability (another broken idea) and its "assertion" can be properly judged by individuals.

What is there that can be put in its place? How can we better characterise "run-of-the-mill" ?

Charles