[WikiEN-l] Free images?

Magnus Manske magnusmanske at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 27 21:05:42 UTC 2007

On 9/27/07, Charlotte Webb <charlottethewebb at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/27/07, Armed Blowfish <diodontida.armata at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > When using a good camera, the bigger the aperture (the smaller the
> > f-number) the smaller the depth of focus.  This also increases the
> > amount of light hitting the film, meaning you can speed up the shutter
> > speed.
>
> Maybe so but I'm not a photographer. I did spend countless nights
> poring through flickr for cc-by-2.0 images. I had a search tab in my
> monobook, something like
> http://flickr.com/search/?q={{PAGENAME}}&l=commderiv

Flickr:Advanced search is your friend. I just spent some time there,
and this is what I came up with. All pictures should be under CC-BY or
CC-BY-SA. I'm too lazy to transfer them to commons, so someone else do
it! ;-)

 Amber Benson
 http://flickr.com/photos/ravenu/8568461/
 http://flickr.com/photos/ravenu/8568460/
 http://flickr.com/photos/ravenu/8568058/
 (and more from the same uploader, some of them quite funny)

 Raveena Tandon
 http://flickr.com/photos/enygmatic/18030660/

 Claudia Schiffer
 http://flickr.com/photos/timbrighton/5366770/
 (only her back, but we don't have *any* image there...)

 Cast from Serenity:
 http://flickr.com/photos/ravenu/sets/1429655/

 Angelina Jolie
 http://flickr.com/photos/tostie14/tags/angelinajolie/

 Alfred Molina
 http://flickr.com/photos/tostie14/34085423/
 (bad image quality, but we don't any other image!)

 Bryce Dallas Howard
 http://flickr.com/photos/tostie14/196675099/
 (we only have a TV screenshot)

 Camden Toy
 http://flickr.com/photos/ravenu/8777158/
 (we have no picture at all)

Tamara Gorski
http://flickr.com/photos/ravenu/38583410/
(we don't even have an article about her, just redlinks;-)

James Carpinello
http://flickr.com/photos/ravenu/45968911/
(can replace our low-res fair-use screenshot)

Mong Man Wai
http://flickr.com/photos/kingofhiking/47586286/
(probably...)