[WikiEN-l] Cracked hits the spot again

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Thu Sep 27 16:27:14 UTC 2007

David Gerard wrote:
> http://www.cracked.com/index.php?name=News&sid=2411

It's just another case of Wikigroaning.

I'm worried that these articles are now likely to be made less
informative simply for the sake of making them shorter, or split up into
sub-articles that promptly go up on AfD. I wouldn't be surprised if many
of those Jedi already have gone through AfD and had "merge" results that
brought them into the current list article. According to the talk page
the whole "Universe of the Metroid series" is the result of merging
shorter articles together.

Sigh. Normally I'm quite capable of appreciating humor poking fun at
things I hold dear, but the Notability Wars have taken too much. If one
can "do without" a particular article then just _don't read the bloody
thing._ Complaining about the existence of things that one is not
personally interested in is a sad, sad approach.