[WikiEN-l] There are no pictures in Wikipedia any more

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 18:28:16 UTC 2007

As a footnote to this conversation, I'd like to point out the
aesthetic issues involved in using any standard image; particularly
one who's purpose is replacement. Certainly it cannot be pretty, as
such would be pleasing and therefore incongruent to the purpose of
replacement. The current image takes this into account and is indeed
quite ugly, I don't think its particularly ugly enough to make people
want to replace it immediately.

Perhaps we can have a contest to produce, within suitable boundaries,
the ugliest possible image with the utmost of replaceable qualities.

-steven