[WikiEN-l] There are no pictures in Wikipedia any more

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 06:56:42 UTC 2007

On 25/09/2007, Rich Holton <richholton at gmail.com> wrote:

> If the non-free image you uploaded were to remain on the article, it
> significantly reduces the likelihood that someone else (or you) will
> obtain a free image for the article. Really, how hard will it be for
> someone to get a free image of the Skylon tower?

Given that this particular Skylon tower was turned into ashtrays about 50
years ago, it may not be particularly easy. :-)

Of course, it's *easier* to just use an available non-free image. But
> the easy route is not necessarily the best route.

Who knows?

I suspect that the use of tags on articles that employ such images would be
better than outright deletion.

-Rich Holton

--
-Ian Woollard

We live in an imperfectly imperfect world. If we lived in a perfectly
imperfect world things would be a lot better.