[WikiEN-l] There are no pictures in Wikipedia any more

cohesion cohesion at sleepyhead.org
Mon Sep 24 21:26:56 UTC 2007

Crazy idea, but I'll throw it out there. What if we display a link to
various image searches when we have no free image available, like we
do for ISBN's now sorta. It would be super easy.

{{image search}} click to expand, and have a few links:

http://images.google.com/images?q={{ARTICLENAME}}
http://flickr.com/search/?q={{ARTICLENAME}}&w=all

etc. Maybe even include the [[replace this image.svg]] thing in that
same template, nice and simple.

And for the record, I don't think it's a minority of people that want
Wikipedia to have primarily (if not only) free content.

Judson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Cohesion