[WikiEN-l] There are no pictures in Wikipedia any more

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Mon Sep 24 13:00:10 UTC 2007

You know, the number of Wikipedia articles with pictures in them
is really plummeting.  I just went from [[Talia Shire]] to [[Joey
Tribbiani]] to [[Matt LeBlanc]] and noticed that there were no
pictures in any of them.

I know the reason(s), of course, but viewing Wikipedia as a user
(as I was this morning), this really significantly decreases its
quality and usefulness.  I'm afraid I know the answer, but would
there be any way of reversing the various death-to-all-but-the-
most-rampantly-free-images trends?