[WikiEN-l] BADSITES ArbCom case in progress

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Sat Sep 22 02:12:08 UTC 2007

On 21 Sep 2007 at 13:52:55 -0400, "Armed Blowfish"
<diodontida.armata at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Short-term solutions do not preclude long terms ones. I also
> suggest attempting to improve relations with certain websites.

Banning links to them will really help in this, won't it?  :-)

> But if you do let people talk about it, some of them may
> agree with the attacks, or say that the attackee needs to
> have thicker skin.  As Fred pointed out, some things which
> may be said are false, but not obviously so. I'm not saying
> you would, but it is common practise.

Oh, horrors!  Allowing public discussion of something might result in
there being some actual opinions expressed... and some of them might
even possibly disagree with yours!  That's an intolerable situation
we must never permit to happen.

--
== Dan ==