[WikiEN-l] BADSITES ArbCom case in progress

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Fri Sep 21 20:54:05 UTC 2007

"Armed Blowfish" wrote

> On 21/09/2007, Charles Matthews <charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > "Armed Blowfish"
> >> If you ask ED to remove something, they will attack you
> >> even more.  Where do you think they learnt that from?
> >
> > You are implying that it could _only_ be from Wikipedia.{{fact}}
> >
> > Charles
>
> That's my theory, do you have another?
>
> Even if ED learnt it elsewhere, it is rather hypocritical
> of WP to engage in the same activity while noting that
> is a significant part of what makes ED so bad.

I happen to have been talking, not long ago, to someone professionally involved in cleaning graffiti and obscenities off a website. This person, inured as you might think, explained clearly to me how ED could still disgust and shock. (Yes, I know those guys will find encouragement to greater efforts in that.)

You may think you are cleverly comparing like with like, but that is far from the case.

Charles