[WikiEN-l] A paper-edition reference manual of the English Wikipedia?

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 20:27:42 UTC 2007

How few pages would I need to encompass the whole beast that is
the policies, practises and implemented MediaWiki software features?

That is if I took the time and effort to commit the present state of them to

a fixed format, such as a "beach-reading" ready computer printout
from an old matrix printer, 80 columns, 36 or so lines (the old 2000
characters per page, or so, format)?

A second question. Is there a list which pages I should print out to
have in my hands that immensely valuable, but essentially ephemeral
object? (it really goes without saying that the reference work would
stay current all of minutes or less)

I am carefully not broaching the subject of what I would have to do
to comply with the GFDL. That doesn't really interest me at all, or
perhaps to put it differently, taht would be a beast of a totally
different colour, and is welcome to stay within its own worm-can.