[WikiEN-l] BADSITES ArbCom case in progress

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Fri Sep 21 17:41:15 UTC 2007

Armed Blowfish wrote:
>> For example, the reason I am sure that white supremacists are crazed
>> idiots is precisely because I've been pointed at their attacks and read them carefully. Not that I wouldn't have assumed it, but my burning confidence comes from self-gained knowledge, not enforced ignorance.
>>

> Well, remembering that all people have flaws, a number of
> people on WR seem quite nice.  Still, WR has attacks which
> should not be linked to.  Removal of links should be done
> to protect people, not to punish WR.

Yes, and my point in the paragraph above is precisely that it does not
protect them in the long run.

Removing (or better, defanging) personal attacks is something I do
myself, and have no quibble with. What I object to is stopping all
discussion of particular attacks, both alleged and actual.

It may make targets (or perceived targets) feel better in the short
term. In the long run, it creates darkness where suspicion and
indifference breed.

William