[WikiEN-l] BADSITES ArbCom case in progress

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 04:12:53 UTC 2007

I am glad to have such a clear statement, to disagree with. The
purpose of an honest encyclopedia is to take the truth from wherever
it appears, and to refer accurately even to the works of those who
work against the truth.

If they are malicious, their maliciousness will be apparent when
exposed. That's the basic principle of all respectable journalism. to
hide the views of one's opponents--even one's bad faith opponents--is
censorship. I will defend WP by all intellectually honest means, but
hiding the views of those who attack it is not such. It's not even
productive--that we think their views dangerous enough to unlink adds
to their credibility.

The reason NPOV is the most basic of principles is that without it, no
source of information can be trusted, or is worth even producing.
Fred, your well-intentioned policies will have the unintended end of
destroying our credibility.

On 9/21/07, fredbaud at waterwiki.info <fredbaud at waterwiki.info> wrote:

> [...]

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.