[WikiEN-l] BADSITES ArbCom case in progress

fredbaud at waterwiki.info fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Thu Sep 20 22:36:36 UTC 2007

Depends on the nature of the off-wiki material. Usually we know who made the on-wiki attack and have a diff of the editor making it. Linking to the off-wiki site makes it difficult to know who placed the material there and may raise questions about how well founded the information is. Suppose the off wiki site (maintained for years) concerned the sneaky activities of your sockpuppets? Suppose another editor on Wikipedia repeatedly linked to those pages, brought the subject up every few weeks, etc.? Suppose none of this checks out, but they keep on and on.

Fred