[WikiEN-l] BADSITES ArbCom case in progress

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Thu Sep 20 18:42:45 UTC 2007

fredbaud at waterwiki.info wrote:
> That is not the basis on which sites are banned. They are banned because they scapegoat Wikipedia editors and administrators. SlimVirgin is not to blame for the imaginary failures of Wikipedia; she, and people like her are responsible for our real success. Scapegoating her gets us absolutely nowhere.

That may be true, but we look mighty odd when we react differently to
scapegoating that relates to us than we do to scapegoating that relates
to others. If someone famous scapegoats people, there's not really much
we can do about it. Maybe Michael Moore shouldn't be making idiotic
comments, but for better or worse he's famous and he does. We have
plenty of his idiotic comments reported many of our articles, but it
seems that when they're about *us* suddenly we get a lot more touchy.
Which is a bit too self-referential for a neutral, descriptive encyclopedia.

-Mark