[WikiEN-l] Do NOT appeal bans, for your own sake (was Re: Admins who do not have email this user enabled (list inside))

Armed Blowfish diodontida.armata at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 20 03:58:33 UTC 2007

On 19/09/2007, Ron Ritzman <ritzman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/18/07, Wily D <wilydoppelganger at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm guessing that illegitimate bans are extremely rare.

Given that Wikipaedia is the place where one can be banned
for being molested as a child, I don't buy that.  But hey, it's
your website, ban who you like, just don't drag the person's
name or pseudonym or whatever through the dirt.

> I can't imagine anybody getting banned unless
> they have already  been asked not to do something
> over and over and over again.

Or attacked over and over and over again until they are
really really upset and don't care any more what the people
attacking them want.

Or just indef blocked after a run-in with an RC patroller.