[WikiEN-l] admin IRC

Aude audevivere at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 16:14:37 UTC 2007

I'm finally figuring out how to use IRC.  Signed up with a new IRC name and
password, have a cloak, and put in a request on for access to the admin IRC
channel.  Not sure how often I'll be on, but think it might be useful.  Or,
at least I'm curious what goes on there.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IRC_channels/wikipedia-en-admins

I put my request in on Friday, and noticed [[User:Majorly]] normally handles
them within a day. I looked and my request is still not processed, and
wondered why.  Then noticed Majorly has "retired".  Losing him is a big
disappointment! I don't know the circumstances, but it's unfortunate.

Now, don't know who to contact about IRC access requests.

-Aude