[WikiEN-l] BADSITES ArbCom case in progress

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Wed Sep 19 14:37:17 UTC 2007

"Daniel R. Tobias" wrote

> Are we a community based on consensus hashed out in free-
> spirited discussion, or a repressed and secretive group with a rigid
> hierarchy and lots of landmines and third-rails in the form of taboo
> topics for discussion?

Are we here to work on the encyclopedia, or not? Very importantly, do we allow naked politics on the site? By that I mean, do we stay with allowing criticism of actions on the site (which has always been permitted), or would it be OK to impute motives and attack those, blacken people's reputations, and so on? If so, exactly what good would come of it?

Charles