[WikiEN-l] BADSITES ArbCom case in progress

Sheldon Rampton sheldon at prwatch.org
Wed Sep 19 12:56:07 UTC 2007

On Sep 19, 2007, at 5:09 AM, wikien-l-request at lists.wikimedia.org wrote:

> In the case of MichaelMoore.com I think it was righteous to remove
> our link to them WHILE they had on their main page a link to edit a
> Wikipedia user's page. However, the most productive response was to
> contact them and educate them regarding the inappropriateness of
> the link. Designating the site permanently as an attack site was
> inappropriate (although they certainly function in that way with
> respect to our conservative brethren).

LOL. I didn't realize that the idea of "attack sites" could be
extended to refer to anyone who attacks ANYONE. I hereby propose a
ban on all mentions of:

* Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein (because they attacked Richard Nixon)

* George W. Bush (because he attacked Iraq)

* The NAACP (because it attacks racism)

* Heart attacks (because they attack hearts)

* Thumbtacks (because they attack thumbs, or at least sound like they
do)