[WikiEN-l] (no subject)

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Tue Sep 18 15:36:37 UTC 2007

On 9/18/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This wouldn't stop people from coming to the site, only robots.
>
> And how do people find the site if it doesn't appear in search
> results? I don't have the statistics, but I imagine the vast majority
> of visitors to Wikipedia come via a search engine.

Vast majority maybe, but not everyone.

If the bottom line is becoming the most visited website, then it's
obviously a bad idea.  If the bottom line is to create the worlds best
encyclopedia, on the other hand, there's not an obvious winner either
way.

Let's agree to disagree on this one.  I highly doubt either of us
would convince the other that ey's right, and I also highly doubt such
a discussion is going to cause any change in policy.