[WikiEN-l] Do NOT appeal bans, for your own sake (was Re: Admins who do not have email this user enabled (list inside))

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 15:23:31 UTC 2007

> Oddly enough I actually agree with this. If I was banned I wouldn't kick up
> a huge fuss fighting it (even if it really was unfair) because in those
> cases people tend to react against you even more and you'll never hear the
> end of it. Best to just drop it and move on.

That depends how you go about appealing. If you post hundreds on
{{unblock}} tags to your usertalk page, and email wikien-l hundreds of
times, yeah, people are going to react against you. If you send a calm
email to an arbitrator explaining your case, they will open an arbcom
case for you and you'll get your fair hearing (you will probably even
be unblocked so you can participate directly - just don't abuse it,
whatever you do).

(Note: That's the way to deal with bans, not blocks - if you're just
blocked, arbcom is probably overkill.)