[WikiEN-l] Do NOT appeal bans, for your own sake (was Re: Admins who do not have email this user enabled (list inside))

Vee vee.be.me at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 15:08:06 UTC 2007

On 18/09/2007, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:

> on 9/18/07 8:50 AM, Vee at vee.be.me at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Oddly enough I actually agree with this. If I was banned I wouldn't kick
> up
> > a huge fuss fighting it (even if it really was unfair) because in those
> > cases people tend to react against you even more and you'll never hear
> the
> > end of it. Best to just drop it and move on.
>
> Vee,
>
> They react against you because you protest being banned!? And simply the
> fear of this is enough to deter you?!
>
> Doesn't sound like a very friendly, mature culture!
>
> Marc Riddell

Well, I never have been banned (and therefore not protested against it). I'm
just speaking from what I've seen happen to other people - generally if you
get to the point where you're banned, people are pretty pissed off by your
presence anyway, so if you make a fuss over it, it tends to get used as a
reason to protect you talk page or whatever. I don't know, maybe I would get
a good hearing or whatever, but the chances of that happening are
sufficiently small that I wouldn't bother risking it (and no - I'm not
trying to say that admins are really abusive or anything. Just that people
tend to have very little patience for banned people.. rightly or wrongly, I
don't know).