[WikiEN-l] Admins who do not have email this user enabled (list inside)

Armed Blowfish diodontida.armata at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 16 16:17:21 UTC 2007

On 16/09/2007, K P <kpbotany at gmail.com> wrote:
> But that's not what the instructions for unblock say.  They say to
> discuss it first with the blocking admin, and IF you do that are
> unsuccessful you may then proceed to request a review.  They don't say
> use {{unblock|reason}}.  By not enabling email you' ve denied people
> you've blocked any access to requesting an unblock.

Someone go change the policy, then?
Or, more to the point:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Blockedtext#Appealing

Just make it say something along the
lines of it is generally consider polite
to try contacting the blocking admin
first, but you can choose from any of
a list of alternatives (emailing the
blocking admin, {{unblock}}, emailing
the unblock mailing list, etc.).

And of course hope no one reverts.

Disclaimer: I don't really care.  I would
be more interested in giving blocked or
banned users instructions for getting
pages courtesy blanked or deleted,
except unless you have a lawyer there
doesn't seem to be any real procedure
for that, or at least not one that's any
better than the ED procedure.