[WikiEN-l] What's going on? - Inquiry 2

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 21:21:06 UTC 2007

Perhaps that the Foundation seems to disagree with you, Durin, implies
that they disagree with you, not that they are failing at their job.
Given that a large proportion of the editors and administrators of
en.wikipedia also disagree with you on your interpretation of what
Wikipedia's mission and purpose mean with regards to fair use images,
perhaps this says that there is legitimate disagreement.

That you dismiss others' views so lightly is a problem, I feel.

Also, what is your position on textual fair use?  Does Wikipedia's
mission and purpose mean that we should excise all textual fair use as
well?  For that matter, trademarks are also a restriction on freedom;
should we omit all mention of them too?

-Matt