[WikiEN-l] [Redacted] complaining Was: Admins who do not have email this user enabled (list inside)

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 20:22:51 UTC 2007

On 9/13/07, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Enough is enough! If you had been sitting across from this person would you
> have said this exact same thing to their face?

Yes, given a similar quantity of exasperation with things.

> And, how on earth does "kindly find something else to do" advance a
> discussion?

There is, IMO, nothing to advance.

I apologize for the tone, but not the substance.  If normal
communications like this bother you, if you consider being ever
mentioned or discussed in anything but a personal communication with
you a breach of privacy and an affront, then frankly the project is
not for you and you need to find something else to do.

Wikipedia is not therapy.  Wikipedia's purpose is not to keep every
possible contributor happy.  We are engaged in a collaborative project
to build an encyclopedia, and I think a level of paranoia that
considers the list Greg posted to be an affront or an invasion of
privacy is not helpful to our project, and not compatible with it.

-Matt