[WikiEN-l] What's going on? - Inquiry 2

Armed Blowfish diodontida.armata at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 13 15:50:30 UTC 2007

On 12/09/2007, Josh Gordon <user.jpgordon at gmail.com> wrote:
> "Know thyself? If I knew myself, I'd run away." - Goethe (from where, I
> wonder?)
> --jpgordon

'Fear has its own physiology - primal responses
to threat: the quickened heart, the sweaty palm,
the panic that chokes in the throat, making time
seem to stand still. We are born with these
instincts to flee danger from the world outside us,
to survive. But there's no place to run when the
dangers come not from outside us, but from
ourselves.'

'Fuelled by memory, fear takes form, becoming a
thing that lives long after death, residing not just
in our hearts, but in the hidden bonds between us.
Fear so powerful can not be escaped, but it can be
destroyed.'

-- both quotes from Kolchak: The Night Stalker