[WikiEN-l] What's going on? - Inquiry 2

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 13:33:41 UTC 2007

> This would be a step in the right direction, Thomas. However, I still place
> the responsibility for change on the abuser. Is a blind person more abusive
> to someone simply because they can't see them?

To be honest, I don't know that many blind people, so I don't know. I
would imagine not, though. However, a blind person can't see anyone,
so they would be expected to treat people online in the same way they
treat people in real life - hopefully civilly. For a seeing person,
there is a difference between perception of real life people and
perception of online people, and that causes a difference in
behaviour. It's not acceptable, of course, but it is understandable.