[WikiEN-l] What's going on? - Inquiry 2

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 09:57:27 UTC 2007

On 13/09/2007, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> > What I was trying to say, I've been on-list for about 16 months now,
> > and have 20 years plus prior Internet experience.  I think Marc is
> > accurate insofar as the tone of the list in the last few months is
> > different than it was in the year before that; it's not being used for
> > as many serious high level discussions and is somewhat more grumpy.

> Not being used for as many serious high level discussions...
> interesting point. When was foundation-l started? Have all the serious
> discussions moved there leaving just the rants here?

No, it's at least as ranty ;-)

wikien-l is an official place to talk English Wikipedia business, as
foundation-l is an official place to talk Foundation business. In both
cases, they're pretty much open to all, so they both frequently
descend into spiraling threads of death which are best ignored.

- d.