[WikiEN-l] Spam blacklist and BADSITES

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Thu Sep 13 04:22:22 UTC 2007

On 12 Sep 2007 at 23:48:27 +0100, "David Gerard" <dgerard at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think (b) is the major factor. At least ED has a sense of humour, if
> a sociopathic one.

I fear that Wikipedia is currently losing its own sense of humo(u)r.
The deletion (and deletion again, and deletion yet again... I didn't
bother to check whether it's deleted or undeleted this very instant)
of BJAODN is one instance, and currently the link-finding game
[[Wikipedia:Wikington Crescent]] is being considered for deletion.
Somebody recently called the meta page about friends of gays not
being allowed to edit "in bad taste" (I think on one of the admin
noticeboards, or village pump, or something... I lost track of
exactly where)... is that the next thing to be put up for deletion?
Slowly, all the whimsical stuff that lets us not take our site quite
so seriously is going away.  Both the supporters/defenders of the
Wiki Way, and the anti-Wikipedia critics on those infamous attack
sites are deathly serious about everything and annoyed that anybody
would treat anything as a joke.  Everybody needs to lighten up.

--
== Dan ==