[WikiEN-l] stable versions

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 05:08:54 UTC 2007

On 9/11/07, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> God I wish we had a specifications document somewhere so we could
> argue meaningfully over what we actually want or don't want. So far
> there seem to be a few different conceptions of what the community has
> asked for and what is actually going to be delivered.

At the same time enwp was allowing a few vocal voices to push back
against anything like this proposal the powers that be in German
Wikipedia were aggressively pushing it forward. It's due to their
effort that we have anything coded at all at this point.

As such representatives from that community got to give a lot of the
input that you wish to have had.  Thems the breaks.

Fortunately, the Germans have solid judgement and certainly appear to
have a more internally consistent vision than the EnWp community. So
their greater influence on the design may turn out to be a win for
English as well.